Thursday, June 27, 2013

HANDOVER OF DONATION IN RICHARD'S MEMORY 27 JUNE 2013

Today I visited Derby Royal Hospital to hand over a cheque for £4000 in aid of Pancreatitis Research to Mr Awan, Richard's Consultant and Karen Weaver, one of the senior nurses. As you can see we took the photo in the appropriate bus info area!

 I would like to thank everyone who made a donation at the funeral, people who have bought some of Richard's transport memorabilia collection either at rallies, or on Ebay, friends in Tangent Ladies Club and anyone else I have failed to mention. My daughter-in-law also managed to get a donation from Lloyds TSB for the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital, so thanks also go to her and Lloyds TSB. This money was used towards new sofa beds for the family bedsits available for intensive care patients' families at the hospital, which I used on many fraught occasions when I daren't go home.



No comments:

Post a Comment