Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Ken Jones and Bob Carter

Despite our best efforts and a professional guide, we were unable to trace any record of Ken Jones at the Port Arthur penal settlement. We must therefore assume his appeal was unsucessful and that his sentence was not reduced to transportation.
On a more cheerful note, I have received an email from Bob Carter in the USA . He enjoyed the reports on Rack 2 and Sheffield 264 in the recent Journal and is hoping to visit the UK and Crich later in the year.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm still alive and following Pommy down under having myself been to Adelaide to see the railway museum and also having travelled on the Indian Pacific Train some 5 years ago.

    I've been updating my website and trying to be a good boy while Richard is away

    ReplyDelete